Plan NH has a vision of healthy and vibrant communities across the state. To achieve that, its mission is to “foster excellence in planning, design and development of New Hampshire’s built environment.” This mission is guided by Smart Growth and other principles including, but not limited to:
- Walkable neighborhoods and town centers
- Supporting local economies, including by leveraging natural and historic assets
- Choices in places to live and how to navigate
- Stewarding green space and natural features
- Citizen engagement and participation in community decision-making
Illustrations Courtesy of Meredith, NH Charrette
Explore a career at Plan NH
Plan New Hampshire (Plan NH) seeks a highly organized and resourceful Program Manager to, under the general direction of the Plan NH Executive Director, manage the administration of the InvestNH Municipal Planning & Zoning Grants Program. This program includes the Housing Opportunity Planning Grants and the Community Housing Navigator Grants. UNH Extension and New Hampshire Housing are the primary partners on this program.
The Program Manager will support a wide range of programmatic functions, under the direction of the Executive Director, and in partnership with the primary program partners. The Program Manager is responsible for grants management, including intake, tracking, coordinating disbursements, and reporting. Additional duties will consist primarily of program promotion, administrative office duties, and program development as needed. The position requires a high attention to detail, keen troubleshooting, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate closely with others. Program funding is guaranteed for 2 years.
Location: This is a fulltime, hybrid remote/in-person position with office space provided in Portsmouth.
- A clear commitment to the Plan NH mission and values.
- Effective problem-solving skills to include good judgment and sound decision making.
- Effective interpersonal skills to include active listening, relationship building, dependability, and professionalism, among others.
- Ability to take direction as well as ability to work with minimal supervision when needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Teams, GSuite, Constant Contact, CRM systems, and other online platforms.
- Non-profit or municipal experience preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in the areas of grants management and/or community development.
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, urban planning, public administration, nonprofit management, or other relevant disciplines.
- Valid NH driver’s license and reliable transportation as needed.
- Works with the Executive Director and Steering Committee to ensure the success of the InvestNH Municipal Planning & Zoning Grants Program.
- Manages all aspects of the grant process for the Housing Opportunity Planning Grants and Community Housing Navigator Grants, including
- Supporting prospective applicants in navigating the submission process;
- Evaluating the feasibility of grant proposals, including project narratives, project budgets, and applicant’s organizational capacity to achieve proposed objectives;
- Coordinating the application review process in partnership with the Steering Committee;
- Communicating grant awards, denials, and other information on behalf of the Steering Committee;
- Working with grantees to track and report on progress, assuring that grant requirements are met;
- Reviewing and approving grant disbursements to be made by New Hampshire Housing.
- Develops evaluation methods as well as creative ways to memorialize and report on program successes.
- Supports the Steering Committee and participates in other team meetings as needed and assigned.
- Designs/creates communication pieces for the Plan NH website, newsletter, etc., working with New Hampshire Housing as needed to ensure communications are accurate and adhere to appropriate program branding
- Remains current on emerging community development issues, especially as it relates to regulatory change, housing policy, and other aspects of InvestNH.
- Answers phones, orders supplies, and other administrative tasks as required
Of course we cover the basic benefits:
how to apply:
Why Work at Plan NH?
Plan NH has a Vision of a New Hampshire that is vibrant and healthy for its people, its economies and the environment. As an Employee you will be a key player within a community of people working to achieve that vision, a visible champion for what it takes to get there.
As an Employee of Plan NH, you have access to a large network of public agencies, member firms, and other resources. Through a very open and sharing environment, you’ll continually gain knowledge, insight, and a wealth of assets. All with a focus on sustainable planning, design and/or development.
Plan NH is a non-profit organization that requires a solid financial foundation for the infrastructure that is critical for developing and implementing programs to carry out the mission. As an Employee of Plan NH, you will assist in gaining member support to keep the organization’s mission alive. All while building lasting partnerships and friendships.