Plan NH believes that what we build, where we build, and how we build have an influence on the health and vibrancy of a community.
One part of our mission is to raise awareness of that link – within professionals in the building industries, and within communities themselves.
The annual Plan NH Merit Awards Program recognizes New Hampshire projects that reflect the Mission of Plan NH, incorporate Smart Growth and Livability principles, social responsibility, and/or creative approaches to collaboration and cooperation, and exemplify how the built environment can have a positive impact on a community.
Submitted nominations are reviewed by a Committee of diverse professionals, and outstanding projects are selected to receive an Award.at
click here for more:
Award-earning projects for 2018 will be announced at the annual Awards evening, this year on June 28 on the third floor of the Capital Commons, 11 South Main Street in Concord.
On June 21, 2017, Plan NH recognized an unprecedented number of projects to receive a Merit Award of Excelence in Planning, Design, and/or Development of New Hamphire’s built environment:
- Allenstown Community Center
- Building on Hope/Manchester Police Athletic League (MPAL) Michael Briggs Community Center Renovations
- River’s Edge Apartments, Laconia
- The Flats @ Hanover Commons, Manchester
- Jim Mitchell Community Park, Warner
- New England Sweetwater Farm and Distillery, Winchester
Merit Awards with Distinction:
- Portsmouth African Burying Ground Memorial Park
- Access Portsmouth (not a built project, but a website and soon-to-be app that let’s people in wheelchairs know where to park and what restaurants are accessible with accessible bathrooms in Portsmouth.)