Castle in the Clouds Charrette – October 29 & 30, 2021
A charrette is a brainstorming session. For Plan NH, the focus is on the built environment and its effect on the community, usually around a downtown or other significant neighborhood. For Castle in the Clouds (Castle), we will look at how the built environment can improve and enhance the social, economic and environmental aspects of the entire property.
The Castle in the Clouds Board is starting to create a Facilities Master Plan, and they “believe that a charrette process will help .. to distill potential changes to their property” that will allow them to move into the next stage of their planning.
Among elements they wish to see are:
- Improvements to the guest experiences
- Incorporation of arts and cultural programming across the property
- Greater integration of natural resources with built environment
- A vibrant, living place for being in nature, learning some history, sharing a meal and/or enjoying a creative or cultural experience with friends and family.
A copy of the application will be available for those interested.
Schedule (Full schedule and details provided as we get closer)
- 10:15 Friday October 29: Team gathers. Tour of property.
- Lunch (provided by Castle)
- Discussion sessions in afternoon with Board, staff and other key leaders; then discussions with Castle visitors/users, Castle members and surrounding community members. Meals and snacks provided.
- Limited overnight lodging available.
- 8:00 Saturday, October 30: Team gathers to finalize recommendations.
- 8:30 – 2:30: Recommendations made visual. Meals and snacks provided.
- 3:00: “Reveal” of recommendations to Board, Members and general community.
Note: while we value the contributions of any and all, we respectfully request attendees commit to both days.
In addition: your firm may be eligible for a tax credit for your time at this charrette. Ask us for details.
Those who commit to volunteering at this charrette will receive guest passes to the property, so you can experience being there on your own terms – to visit the Castle, to hike, to dine, or more. This should provide additional good information for developing the recommendations.
A charrette is a great way to get out of the office for a couple of days and apply your knowledge in a different way, while “giving back”. You will meet new people, look at things a little differently, and many grow professionally through the process.