Posting on behalf of the Workforce Housing Coalition of the Greater Seacoast –
Executive Director, Workforce Housing Coalition of the Greater Seacoast
- Manage the day-to-day operations and strategic work of the Workforce Housing Coalition of the Greater Seacoast under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Conduct all fundraising/development activities.
- Maintain solid working relationships with area businesses, civic and community leaders, elected officials, and housing partners across the state.
- Advocate for amendments to local land use regulations at Planning Boards and other local boards through one-on-one relationships and public testimony.
- Engage communities in conversation about housing, their housing stories, and why housing is important. Garner public and political support for solutions to ease the housing crisis.
- Speak publicly about the housing crisis, housing policy and possible solutions, and why housing matters to our communities.
- Provide education to employers, civic and community leaders, public officials, and the general public about the need for workforce housing.
- Facilitate technical assistance to municipalities through educational presentation, charrettes, and workshops.
- Work with housing partners to stay up to date on housing-related legislation and testify in Concord in support of or against bills, as appropriate.
- Promote municipal and technical assistance initiatives provided by partner organizations.
- Educate and solicit support and advocacy from employers and leaders in the business community for housing as an economic development issue.
- Manage the public outreach of the organization, including social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and written pieces including op-eds, letters to the editor, blog posts, press releases, and email newsletters.
- Plan and execute educational events, including documentary screenings, webinars, and more.
- Manage the day-to-day of the nonprofit, including ensuring the organization is in compliance with the requirements set forth by the Charitable Trusts Unit at the Department of Justice and the Secretary of State, maintaining proper insurance coverage, working with the Board of Directors and various committees.
- Supervise interns working on housing-related work for the Coalition and UNH students in a classroom setting.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least three years relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a skilled communicator (written and verbal) who is able to foster relationships with and engage individuals.
- Understanding of housing policies, local government, land use regulations, community or economic development, and community engagement is preferred.
- Experience with the MS Office Suite, MS Outlook/Exchange, including PowerPoint required.
- Experience with social media management, fundraising, grant writing, Wix, Constant Contact, and DonorPerfect preferred.
- Must be a skilled public speaker.
The right candidate will:
- Be able to think analytically and thoughtfully about complex issues.
- Be comfortable working independently, identifying strategic concepts, and work through complex problems.
- Be able to maintain the organization’s current fundraising plan and develop and implement strategies to meet and exceed fundraising goals.
- Be able to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Be location within a reasonable commute of the greater seacoast region of New Hampshire and be comfortable traveling around the region.
What we offer:
- Flexible hours and location
- Results-oriented approach
- Free health, dental, and vision insurance
- Free disability insurance
- Free life insurance
- 403b with employer match
- Sense of fulfillment supporting our mission
- Generous and flexible PTO plan
- Professional growth and training opportunities
- Leadership development opportunities
- Fitness rewards and reimbursement programs
This position is fully remote with access to flex space for periodic use, a professional printer, and other resources at the REDC’s office in Raymond, NH.
Compensation for this role will start between $60,000-$75,000 per year.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mission of the Workforce Housing Coalition of the Greater Seacoast is to educate and engage communities and municipalities to advance diverse housing options. Learn more at www.seacoastwhc.org.
The Workforce Housing Coalition of the Greater Seacoast is an equal opportunity employer