Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:00 – 1:15 PM EST, Resilient Design: Transitioning to the New Built Environment. Hosted by Antioch University New England and the EPA.AICP Credit Pending
What happens if there is an extended power outage?
How can you ensure buildings have access to electricity?
Are you interested in learning about flood-proofing strategies?
Come listen to Alex Wilson, Founder, BuildingGreen Inc. and Resilient Design Institute, provide context for why we need to be considering resilience in looking at the built environment during the coming decades. He will give an overview of practical measures that can be implemented today to create more resilient buildings and communities. These measures include:
- improvements to the energy performance of building envelopes (ensuring that buildings will maintain habitable temperatures if they lose power)
- flood-proofing strategies
- enhancing wind resistance
- providing access to water, and
- providing access to some electricity in the event of an extended power outage
Presenter: Alex Wilson, Founder, BuildingGreen Inc. and Resilient Design Institute Moderator: Cynthia Greene, Manager, Energy and Climate Unit, U.S. EPA New England