On Thursday, September 29, 2022, Plan NH hosted our fall conference Retail Remade: New Life for Downtowns and Commercial Districts at Hotel Concord in Concord, NH.
The program focused on the current and future state of commercial/retail space and the integral role these spaces play in community revitalization and vibrancy across New Hampshire. David Dixon, Vice President and Urban Places Fellow of Stantec was our keynote speaker and we had a wonderful lineup of speakers who presented throughout the day.
View the conference agenda here.
Sessions + Presentation Slides:
- A New Era of Opportunities – view slides
- Destination Retail: Learning From Tuscan Village – view slides
- One-Way, Two-Way, Pick Your Poison: How Traffic Patterns Impact Downtown Vitality – view slides
- Reimagining The Mall: Dover, Rochester, & Beyond – view slides
- Getting In On The Ground Floor: Maximizing Valuable Space – no slides
- Building Blocks of a Vibrant Downtown – no slides
- Americans for the Arts – “Arts & Economic Prosperity” Report
- Creative Community Resources & Toolkits, courtesy of the New Hampshire State Council on the Arts
- Community & Economic Development Grants, compiled by UNH Cooperative Extension
- City of Edmonton’s Winter Toolkits and Winter Design Guidelines
Anne Weidman, CPSM – JSA Design
Bob White, RLA – GPI
Chris Parker, AICP – City of Dover
David Chilinski, FAIA – PCA
Heather Shank, AICP – City of Concord
Jamie Simchik, AICP – Simchik Planning & Development
Jessica Martin – Intown Concord
Jodie Nazaka, AICP – City of Manchester
Karen Prescott, CeCD – Waterstone Properties Group
Liz Gray – NH Small Business Development Center
Marie Bodi – Mark McNabb Properties
Matt Walsh – City of Concord
Michael Scala, CeCD – City of Rochester
Ross Moldoff, AICP – Town of Salem
Russ Grazier – Portsmouth Music and Arts Center
Sarah Wrightsman – New Hampshire Housing
Thank you to our 2022 Fall Conference Sponsors!