Plan NH 2023 Fall Conference
On Tuesday, September 26, 2023, Plan NH hosted our fall conference, Unlocking Possibilities: Community Change for the Better, at The Hotel Concord in Concord, NH.
The program focused on how the built environment can meet critical community needs of today and support community vibrancy. From housing and workforce to childcare and community connectivity, our speakers explored innovative approaches to tackling these crucial issues in New Hampshire. Richard Amore from the Vermont Department of Housing and Community Development was our keynote and we had a wonderful lineup of speakers who presented throughout the morning.
- Empowering Communities to Build Vibrant Places, by Richard Amore – view slides
- New Hampshire’s Demographic Trends: Implications For How Communities Can Address Them, by Brian Gottlob – view slides
- Employer Owned Housing Meets A Critical Need: The Cottages at Back River Road, by Maggie Randolph – view slides
- Monitor Way – A Mixed Use Solution to NH’s Housing Crisis, by Kevin Lacasse – view slides
- Childcare, A Crucial Community Need: Early Learning Center of the Upper Valley, by Alyssa Murphy – view slides
- Community Connections for Equitable Places: RAISE Manchester, by Arnold Robinson – view slides
Additional resources for information and inspiration:
- Small Towns, Healthy Places Podcast
- Vermont’s Better Places Community Matching Grant Program
- Enabling Better Places: A Zoning Guide for Vermont Neighborhoods
- Vermont’s historic 2023 Child Care Bill
- NH Housing’s Partnership Grant Program (including Mini Grants to support housing education and advocacy!)
- NH Housing’s Online Resource Library (including guides for talking about housing, developing employer-assisted housing, developing residential ADUs, and more!)
Alyssa Murphy, AIA/LEED AP – Placework
Arnold Robinson, AICP – Fuss & O’Neill
Brian Gottlob – New Hampshire Economic & Labor Market Information Bureau
Jodie Nazaka, AICP – City of Manchester
Kevin Lacasse – New England Family Housing
Maggie Randolph, AIA/LEED AP – GSD Studios
Richard Amore, PLA/AICP – Vermont Department of Housing & Community Development
Thank you to our 2023 Fall Conference Sponsors!