What: Home, Sweet Home Part 2: (More) Dwelling Possibilities
Where: NH Audubon, 84 Silk Farm Road, Concord
When: Wednesday, June 15h 8am-10:30am
Cost: $30 Members, $40 Non-Members; Breakfast Included
Register HERE: http://conta.cc/1Wd1Lsq
From Home, Sweet Home Part 2: (More) Dwelling Possibilities Attendees will come away with:
- An understanding of the need for different housing choices
- An understanding of each option presented – what need(s) it addresses, pros and cons
- An understanding of challenges each option might face in a community
- An awareness that traditional approaches to addressing housing challenges may no longer work.
Presenters and Topics:
- Robin Comstock, Workforce Housing Coalition of the Greater Seacoast: Why we need to think about this
- Tim McGinnin, The Moore Center: Co-living
- Newton Kershaw III, Elm Grove Companies: Micro-apartments
- Michael Claflin, AHEAD: Manufactured homes
- Rob Dunn, Green Mountain graduate and energy consultant: Tiny houses
From the complete Home, Sweet Home series, you will come away with:
- An understanding of the diverse and changing needs community populations and what that means for home demand
- An awareness that the traditional single-family, detached home can no longer be considered the norm for new homes – and why
- A basic knowledge of different types of places to live – the needs they address and the pros and cons of each
- An understanding of policy and regulatory tools that can be used to address this issue on a community and regional basis
- The ability to inform citizens and policy-makers of the depth, breadth, and benefits of diverse housing and affordable housing options
AIA and APA credits pending.
We look forward to seeing you there!