Tune in for this webinar that will discuss the benefits of bringing health together with transportation.
Understanding the Links between Transportation and Health: Case Studies from the Field
Date: Monday, May 23, 2016
Time: 1:00 PM-2:30 PM (ET)
Registration is required for this webinar.
Please register with the following link: https://collaboration.fhwa.dot.gov/dot/fhwa/WC/Lists/Seminars/DispForm.aspx?ID=962
Topics will include:
- The DOT/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Transportation and Health Tool, and its relationship to States and Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs).
- Examples from three MPOs on how health and transportation impacts the environment, safety, active transportation, air quality, and connectivity.
- An overview of the FTA Rides to Wellness Program.
Presenters for this webinar include:
- Fred Bowers, FHWA Office of Planning
- Marianne Stock, FTA Office of Program Management
- Kate Robb, American Public Health Association
- Melissa Taylor, Chattanooga-Hamilton County Regional Planning Agency & Chattanooga-Hamilton County/ North Georgia Transportation Planning Organization
- Michelle Lacewell, Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Ellen Zavisca, Knoxville Regional Transportation Planning Organization
If you have questions BEFORE the webinar contact: FHWA’s Fred Bowers at frederick.bowers @dot.gov or .
During the webinar there will be a Q&A session.
PLEASE NOTE WHEN REGISTERING for the May 23, 2016 Webinar:
FHWA has moved to a new registration system in an External SharePoint site which will provide the users with exciting new features such as:
- Dashboard with information on all the sessions for which you are registered
- Virtual waiting list
- Outlook calendar appointment attached to confirmation email
In the new External SharePoint System, EXTERNAL users (those without a @dot.gov email address) will have to request an account before they can register. Here is the link to request an account: https://collaboration.fhwa.dot.gov/FBA/Register.aspx . Step-by step instructions on how to request an account can be found here: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/espnon-dotstaff/.